Our site may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of the General Protection Data Act (GDPR), the data controller is AiQ Consulting Limited. AiQ Consulting is registered under registration number 08487024 and our registered office is World Business Centre 1, Newall Road, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow, TW6 2FA. Our nominated data protection officer is Rachel Mannering.
This website is owned and operated by AiQ Consulting Ltd.
What personal data do we collect:
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Your name, job title, company name, business address, email and telephone number
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to subscribe to our newsletter or requesting a whitepaper
- If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- Details of your engagement with our direct marketing such as clicked on links
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to; traffic data, location data, IP addresses, web browser type, list of referring site and your activity on our site. Learn more about how we use these technologies below
Why we collect your data & how it will be used:
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for the performance of a project we are working on for your or because we have a legitimate interest to hold your personal data. Personal data may be collected in the belief that you may be interested in AiQ’s consultancy services with the potential to become paying clients or to work in collaboration with AiQ. Processing of this data is necessary and critical to raise awareness of our services and for the growth of our business.
AiQ processes minimal personal data, just enough to enable accurate and specific direct marketing. AiQ direct marketing is in relation to our consultancy services. Direct marketing methods are in the form of emails only. We may also use your personal data to manage your account.
The legal basis we rely on:
The GDPR law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
We require your personal data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we shall use your email address to send you direct marketing information providing advice, information, thought leadership content and to tell you about resources which we think might interest you. This will include a monthly newsletter and occasional emails regarding whitepapers.
In specific situations we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, when you tick a box on our website to receive email newsletters or when you complete a form requesting a whitepaper.
If you become a client we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations in supplying our services.
How we collect your data
Personal data is collected both directly from you or indirectly from membership directories or event attendee lists.
You may have given us information about you by giving us your business cards at events or whilst networking, filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by email or phone. This includes information you provided when enquiring about our services, subscribing to a newsletter or requesting a whitepaper.
On occasions we may obtain your personal data from specific airport membership directories such as British Aviation Group or AOA. We believe you would welcome marketing communication from ourselves as another member since you are happy for your details to be published in these directories.
Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to; traffic data, location data, IP addresses, web browser type, referring sites and your activity on our site. Learn more about how we use these technologies below.
How we protect your personal data
We know how much data security matters to all our clients and business contacts. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We use industry standard technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data provided by you against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, and unauthorised disclosure or access.
All personal data is stored on our secure servers. Access to your personal data is password protected with limited access to those authorised.
However, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we will keep your personal data
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
AiQ Consulting will not process data from contacts who have unsubscribed from our marketing communications or who are no longer employed in a role that is relevant to AiQ Consulting’s services or if the business has ceased trading.
At the end of that retention period, your email address will be deleted to ensure you are not contacted again. Your remaining details will be retained for aggregation with other data so that your personal data is not acquired in the future.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We may disclose your personal information to any member of AiQ Consulting Ltd.
AiQ may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- When working in collaboration with an alliance to successfully complete your project.
- If AiQ Consulting Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
What are your rights over your personal data?
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you. (We only hold your personal data for a required time, as explained above but if you would like us to delete it sooner, please contact us.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the details provided below. We will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
IP addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They may enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests;
- recognise you when you return to our website.
Some web browsers provide settings that allow you to control or reject cookies or alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer or device. Although you are not required to accept cookies, if you block or reject them, you may not have access to all features available on our website.
How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
There are several ways to stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you. We will stop any further emails.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for as short period after unsubscribing while our systems are fully updated.
We hope this privacy notice has been helpful in setting out the way in which we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions, please contact our Data Protection Officer who will be pleased to help you:
Or write to us at Data Protection Officer, AiQ Consulting Ltd, World Business Centre 1, Newall Road, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow, TW6 2FA.